Chore time is one of my least favorite parts of the day. To say that Riley has a hard time with her chores would be a massive understatement. She is seven years old and has maybe ten minutes worth of chores a day. These would be making sure her room is clean, emptying 6 small trash cans into the big kitchen trash can, emptying 4 laundry hampers into the dirty clothes bins. That’s it. There are other chores depending on the day but those are her incredibly hard chores she is responsible for every morning. I cannot remember the last time she managed to get them all done on her own in under thirty minutes without someone following her from room to room to point out each trash can or laundry hamper.
I have tried lists and chore charts but they never worked very well. Riley is very visual. I’ve even thought about trying to find stickers or pictures to put on her dresser drawers so she can remember which ones her shirts go into. Of course, I always forgot about doing it or when I would sit down to try and find fun pictures for her I’d get side tracked by something else. Alina at Good Old Days Farm has done all the work that I’ve been meaning to get around to and I’m so thankful! The Easy Peasy Chore Chart System comesin black and white pictures for you to color or in full color that are ready to go.
I was slightly overwhelmed when I saw that there are over 300 cards in the system. You don’t have to print them all out at once and some of them you might not ever use. The system is set up to help the “average family keep their home in above average shape”.
The last week around here has been crazy hectic. We ended up giving up the contract on the house we were building due to something that happened on Wednesday. I’m a little disappointed but over all I’m surprisingly relieved. It’s a long story and one I’m not going to go into detail on but getting out of the contract means we have to figure out a new plan on what to do. Chores have not been at the top of our list of things to get done. It’s been a bigger battle than usual and I wish that I’d had the time to implement this plan before the last week happened. It’s half way set up in baseball card holders which is why I needed to use Alina’s pictures of her system and not my own. The one’s I do have printed out and have been using with Riley have been a big help. She might not remember all the trash cans but she’s remembering to at least get a few of them. It’s a step in the right direction and any step in a positive direction is a good one.
Easy Peasy Chores is available for $15.99 for the regular version or $17.99 for the homeschool version. This week the Easy Peasy Chore System is available for $10 as part of the homeschool mom bundle in the Build Your Bundle sale. In this bundle not only will you get the Easy Peasy Chore Chart System you will also get:
- How to Coupon Effectively (Retails for $8.97)
- The Homemakers Guide to Creating the Perfect Schedule (Retails for $4.99)
- Large Family Homeschooling (Retails for $7.99)
- Encouragement for Homeschool Moms (Retails for $4.99)
- Plan to be Flexible: Designing a Homeschool Rhythm and Curriculum Plan That Works for Your Family (Retails for $3.99)
- Dyslexia 101 (Retails for 6.99)
- Homeschooling Day by Day (Retails for $4.99)
- How to Build a Strong Christian Home: One Step at a Time (Retails for $4.99)
- Purposeful Planning (Retails for $9.95)
- Charts and Tips for Stress Free Planning & Scheduling (Retails for $3.99)
- Heart and Soul Homeschool Mama…Becoming an Uncomplicated Homeschooler (Retails for $17.95)
- Dealing with a Difficult Child (Retails for $2.99)
- Managing Your Homeschool (Retails for $4.99)
- HomeWork: Juggling Home, Work, and School Without Losing Your Balance (Retails for $12.45)
That’s $118 worth of products for $10. Even if the only thing you are interested in is the Easy Peasy Chore Chart System it’s worth it to get this package because you get the system for $6.00 less then you normally would. In addition to the bundle everyone who makes a purchase also gets over $500 worth of bonuses in this list.
For the Student
- Alpha Omega Publications: 10% OFF PLUS FREE SHIPPING!
- Educents: 20% OFF
- Keyboard Classroom: 40% OFF Family License
- Brookdale House: FREE Handwriting Practice from the Bible Book 3 ($4.99 VALUE!)
- A+ TutorSoft Math – up to 90% off and 3 months free
- Magic Pencils: Wholesale Discount PLUS FREE SHIPPING on any order over $9.50
- Words with Wings Poetry Curriculum (Lessons 1-6 are in the Charlotte Mason Bundle and Lessons 7-13 can be purchased through the Bundle of Bonuses for a discount!)
- FREE Farming Unit (105+ Pages!) – InAllYouDo.net
- FREE Mom’s are Special Printable Children’s Book – HappyandBlessedHome.com
- FREE Book Traveler China for K-4th Graders – BeyondtheCoverBlog.com
- FREE Bible Activities, Sets 1,2, and 3! – ParadisePraises.com
- FREE Giant Phonics Book from ChristianHomeschoolHub.com
- FREE Fun Printable Pack of your choice from ServingJoyfully.com
- FREE Making and Managing Money for Teens from TeachingGoodThings.com
- Dan’s Doodles III PLUS FREE eBook, Thoughts on Being Left Behind from Phyllis-Sather.com
For the Parents
- Compass Classroom: FREE eBook Bundle for Christian Parents including How to Teach Your Children the Bibleby Thomas Purifoy, Jr. and The Duties of Parents by J.C. Ryle ($10 Value!)
- FREE This is My Life Calendar from AVirtuousWoman.org
- FREE Homeschooling the High Schooler eBook from This Old Schoolhouse
- FREE Help, Lord! I Am Getting Ready to Start Homeschooling My High Schooler from This Old School House ($24.90 VALUE for the Bundle!)
For the Family
- SAVE $15 at Deborah & CO when you spend $30 or more at the Media & Toys or Cami Pages
- 20% OFF 1 Year Subscription to Home Educating Family Magazine – 6 issues for only $19.95
- Sweet Little Toppings: Get a FREE gift of YOUR CHOICE for boy or girl when you order a crochet hat valued at $15 or more
- Save 50% on the NEW Release, Words Fitly Spoken: Uplifting Conversation Starters for All Ages from GoodOldDaysFarm.com
- Redmond Trading: 20% OFF at RedmondTrading.com and FREE SHIPPING on orders $40 or more.
- Young Living: 10% OFF Young Living Essential Oils Order PLUS FREE Gift for first 100 customers from TheEncouragingHome.com
- FREE 2 Month Premium Membership at Tradishen.com
- FREE Water Testing and 5% discount on any water filtration system from United Environmental Solutions
- FREE 2014-2015 Motivated Moms Chore Planner ($8.00 Value!)
- 50% OFF Filling Hearts While Cleaning Homes: Five Minute Devotionals for Families from TheRoadto31.com
Just for You
- Windy Hill Vanilla: FREE $10 Value all natural Bath & Body samples Gift Basket from WindyHillVanilla.org ($5 flat shipping rate applies)
- Cowgirl Dirt: 20% OFF on all natural cosmetics at CowgirlDirt.com and first 50 orders will receive 2 FREE Samples of Bodacious Botanical Lip Balms!
- Lia Sophia: Buy 1 item at retail and get up to 4 more at 50% OFF! Discount taken off the most expensive selections!
- SAVE 20% on 4 week Life Coaching Package with LaToya Edwards
I hope you’ll head over and check out the sale before it ends on July 28th.
This post contains affiliate links. Any money from sales goes to keeping this blog running and for therapy for Colby.